Conference overview - for a detailed programme click on the day or download full programme
Core Summit topics:
Breeding and technology
- Can progress in cereal breeding improve the availability, health and cost of whole grains?
- Processing developments that allow for incorporation of more whole grains into traditionally refined-grain products
- How can product design be a vehicle for improving consumer preference for wholegrain products?
Communication and regulatory issues
- Sustainability – a new reason for both companies and consumers to choose whole grains
- Lessons from success stories of public-private partnerships that have resulted in increased whole grain consumption
- Developing and implementing a globally accepted definition and labelling criteria for whole grains and whole-grain food
Nutrition and health
- Establishing a global wholegrain intake recommendation
- How can the controversy around gluten sensitivity be best addressed?
- What are the novel and promising developments around whole grains, cereal ingredients and health?